4. Kind of person...

Based on the content of the book I believe that Frank W. Abagnale was a brilliant man, minus the fact that he was a criminal. He was able to forge thousands of checks, become a fake pilot, become a fake doctor, become a fake lawyer, pass the BAR exam without and prior law schooling, avoid the police for years, and even when he was caught he escaped from prison all before he was 21. Abagnale was not a normal kid, at all, he was a brilliant con man, possibly the best in history.

"Oddly enough, I never felt like a criminal. I was one, of course, and I was aware of the fact. I've been described by authorities and news reporters as one of this century's cleverest bum-checks passers, flimflam artists and crooks, a con man of Academy Award caliber." (p. 4) Of course he was a criminal, but by the way he was described, as a criminal, he did it with absolute perfection. He was the best at what he did, which happened to be forging checks. All of his actions and moves were unpredictable, that's why I would consider him a brilliant man.

No comments:

Post a Comment